The following are items that will NOT be reimbursed by the College:
- Fines for parking or moving violation
- Movies, health club fees, golf, other personal entertainment
- Laundry services (if trip is less than five days)
- Lost or stolen personal property (including cash)
- Costs incurred at home, such as childcare, pet care or lawn/home maintenance, cleaning services
- Personal expenses such as haircut, toiletries, clothing, etc.
- Costs incurred due to unreasonable failures to cancel transportation or hotel reservations
- Companion expenses (including travel, meals and additional driver costs on rental cars)
- Life or baggage insurance
- Excess baggage charges for personal items (i.e. golf clubs, skis)
- Unnecessarily excessive costs (i.e. very expensive restaurants or exclusive hotels) not warranted by the circumstances. The IRS states that expenditures for meals/lodging cannot be lavish or extravagant
- Charitable or political contributions
- Mini-bar items
- Alcohol not associated with a meal
- Snacks, gum, mints, personal reading material
- Excess baggage or heavy weight charges if due to personal items.
Note: This list is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other items may be deemed non-reimbursable upon review.