Remote Access for Williams Finance Systems & Processes

In order to access the Williams College Finance System, you will need to log into the VPN. Once in Finance, you can access your reports, process your PCARD transactions and create or submit Accounts payable vouchers.

VPN instructions are available on the OIT website.

You can access the Finance system here. Information about the system is also available on the Controller’s website.

Part 1: Log in to your Williams Google account, e.g. [email protected]
If you’re already logged in to your Williams account, you’ll automatically proceed to part 2. For example, if you have Williams Gmail open, Google will consider you to be logged in already.

Part 2: Log in to Finance using your Williams username.
For example, if your email address is [email protected], enter abc1 as the User ID. Your Williams account password is what you use for Google and Glow.
As an alternative, you can continue to use your W##### user ID and password.

Please contact Client Services if you need assistance.

Controller’s Office

Like most college offices, the Controller’s staff is working remotely, with limited in-person office coverage. Please contact [email protected] for AP-related questions and [email protected] for PCard questions.

The Controller’s Office will accept invoices and vouchers through the Finance system. You will be able to attach backup (in PDF format).

Accounts Payable

The AP team will process ACH payments only on our normal Wednesday schedule. Checks will be issued monthly on the 15th. There will be no check pickup in person until further notice.

The weekly deadline for payment requests (AP vouchers) is Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. Requests must be submitted through the finance system or via email. You can also use the system to submit requests for invoices and travel reimbursements.

Many offices are already set up to enter their own vouchers. If you are not but would like to be, please contact us at [email protected]. We can give you access, send you instructions, and walk you through the process if needed.

We will do our best to process such requests as quickly as possible.

Best Practices

  • Use your purchasing card for as many transactions as you can
  • Request access to Online Voucher Requests
  • Ask vendors to email invoices or statements for easiest processing
  • Email [email protected] with any questions

Cancellations, Refunds and Credits

If you cancel an airline or train ticket or hotel reservation, please try to get a cash refund. If the ticketing company tries to charge a high fee, you should decline to pay it and instead ask that your payment be credited to a future trip. If you are credited, please send the following information to Controller Susan Hogan:

  • Name of traveler
  • Name of carrier or hotel
  • Amount of credit
  • Date credit expires
  • Traveler’s classification (faculty, visiting faculty, staff, or student with year of graduation)
  • Confirmation number


If you need to apply for a new P-Card, please log into the system and click on the tile called, “Apply for a Pcard”. Once your card arrives in our office, we will contact you to arrange delivery.

P-Card Fraud

If you experience problems using your P-Card, please email [email protected] for assistance. For immediate assistance, please call the Bank of America Fraud Department at 866-500-8262.

P-Card Transactions

Please stay as current with reconciling transactions as you can. If you are using VPN, you will be able to log into the Finance system remotely just as you would from the office, and can edit the accounting and add descriptions.

P-Card Reconciliations

Please complete your reconciliation in as timely a manner as possible. We will be accommodating with deadlines during the remote work period.

Journal Entries

Accounting transfers are handled electronically. If you need assistance, please email [email protected].